Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The world on a string



I think all it takes is a great weekend, a heavenly weekend to make you fall in love with the place you live. Manhattan and I have had our share of differences this past year, but after last weekend I'm ready to bury the hatchet. I caught myself more than once thinking that there is really nowhere else I'd rather be.




On Saturday we went for the second time to the Art Farm on 91st. We met Ana (who joined us at the Braves game) and her mom Laura there. The girls were able to pet and feed rabbits, guinea pigs and turtles, and look at a whole lot of other animals. Camille LOVES it there, she is so fearless with the animals. I know she could not have gotten this from me, I'm sure a 15-month-old me wouldn't have gone near that big turtle with a 10 foot pole. I was pretty reluctant to go near it on Saturday, luckily her Papa was there to get excited with her.


"Lapin!"


See what I mean? Fearless!


Those bunnies are so cute.


Kisses for the fishes.


Remi showing Ana a lizard.




Then we went to a playground and Camille and Ana got dirty in the sandbox.




After a long, well earned nap, we spent a couple of hours in Central Park. Remi and I found a shady patch of grass, plopped down with some baguette and took turns chasing Camille around.


She spent some time ridding the lawn of its dandelions.


The trees were full of birds.


Failed family portrait.


Listen to that squeal!


That girl and her baguette.


After about almost two hours of running around, she started to get sleepy.


Crossing Park Ave on the way home.


Cute outfit earlier in the week.


Romping.


Some dog walkers have taken to parking their flock right outside our apartment windows. At about 1pm every day we get to listen to their ruckus. Camille never really minds it. She's pantless thanks to the chocolate pudding she "fed" herself at lunch.


Sunday we went to the Natural History Museum, an outing that deserves it's own post I think, since this one is already a (graphic) novel.

7 comments:

  1. Quel bonheur de voir CAMILLE découvrir la nature, les animaux, une entrée dans la vie, comme une aventure à chaque seconde, "croquer la vie à pleines dents" On se retrouve avec nos yeux d'enfant.
    Merci Steph pour ces moments de bonheur que l'on partage avec vous dans ce reportage.
    Gros bisous à tous
    Philippe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you live in a place with endless possibilities for activities, sometimes we have to get pretty creative here.
    It's good to be thankful where you are at though, you are right! Camille is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the green romper!!! I also love that you guys went to the game and fell so bad for Anna that she has to grow up with those terrible influences (just kidding). I can not wait to see you both on sunday!!! She is getting so big!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She gets cuter every day, I really enjoyed the video with the rabbits, they seem perfect for small children. Camille looks right at home on the "farm". Can't wait to see you guys.
    Pops,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best post yet! I got to watch all the videos. I can't believe her with that bunny! She is braver than both of us. What a little nature girl. That looks like such a fun weekend. I think Julia would love that Art farm. I love the last video with her barking a little. She is just so cute! Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a GREAT weekend! FUN with a capital F! Thanks for sharing your adventure! Can't wait for Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun-filled packed weekend!! I loved all the videos. She really is fearless isn't she? She is so inquisitive and animated, I just love seeing her in action.

    Hope I get to see you all while you are in Georgia.
    Hugs to Camille.

    ReplyDelete