Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mimi and Pops' visit

In what will I'm sure end up being the highlight of our month, my parents came to visit us for a week. Remi and I got a long-awaited night on the town, and Camille got all the spoiling and loving she could handle. I'll tell you what I didn't get though: enough pictures!

On the street with Pops. 


Here we're all sitting at our neighborhood creamery on one of the warmer days. There was just a tease of spring in the air, enough to make you think "ice cream!" Unfortunately, all of Prospect Heights had the same idea and turned out at 4pm (prime ice-cream hour) for a scoop. It was nonetheless an awesome summer preview.


Seriously! This look will get a smile from the toughest Brooklyner.

We had a few tea parties.



On Wednesday we took advantage of my parents car and went to the Bronx Zoo. Many of the animals were not on display because of the cold, but we saw enough to keep us talking about it for months. We went with my friend Anna and her son Hank who is just a few months older than Camille and her new baby June. 

It was so great to have two extra sets of eyes to watch the kids, and two extra sets of legs to chase them down!

 I think Mimi and Pops enjoyed the zoo as much as we did.

Up close with the turtle.

 
 Look at this converse couple! I should be getting some endorsement dollars for this pic, it's so stinking cute. Hank is Camille's only guy friend and she just loves him. The feeling is pretty mutual, I was too busy laughing to get it on film, but Hank went in for the mouth kiss more than once. Camille still gives a very shy smile when asked about that.

I'll leave you with Camille's latest masterpiece. She did this all by herself, and only showed me when she was done. Nevermind the poor guy's got two noses, three eyes and about twenty ears, c'est pas mal, n'est-ce pas? 

6 comments:

  1. It was definitely special for us too!!! The only down side was we missed Remi....but we did get his bed! Thanks for sharing some of the great memories. Love you, mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph,
    How is your mom and dad? Haven't heard from your mom since she moved to the mountain house. Tell her to email me sometime.

    Martha Moore Vickers

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my gosh that drawing is awesome! I can't believe she did that! All the rest of the pictures are pretty awesome too. I love that smile in the first one. And I have heard about Mr. Hank and his Camille crush. I love the look on her face when they're holding hands. So Steph. Ooh I heard about that bow too and her transformation into prissiness. Another similarity there. We need to ichat soon so the girls can see each other. (SInce I am apparently NEVER going to blog again! What is my problem?)
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. De nouvelles découvertes, de nouvelles sensations, Camille avance dans la vie pas à pas avec ses grand parents émerveillés, que du bonheur dans ce monde en mouvement.
    Merci Seph
    Philippe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man those are the cutest pictures!! I love the sunglasses!! I laughed really hard for a long time and we all know I am a tough one

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great pictures, I forgot how cool she was in those sunglasses - clear the way she's coming through. Pops,

    ReplyDelete