Monday, September 6, 2010

Loss


With the heaviest hearts, we are mourning the death of our wonderful dog, Will. He died two weeks ago, leaving us in such shock and sadness, that Remi and I are both still bursting into tears on a fairly regular basis. He was our friend, protector, listener, our beloved. For the last ten years he's been my near constant companion and it seems that in saying goodbye to him I'm also walking away from my childhood in a sense, and the silly idea that you never have to say goodbye. In short, we're pretty much just plain ole heartbroken around here, grateful for every minute we had with him, but so sad to say goodbye. Since everyone he's ever met has loved him, I thought I'd post a bunch of pictures of our beautiful, loyal, snuggly, baby-tolerating beastie.

May he rest in peace in a world full of creeks, sunshine and tennis balls.
















































8 comments:

  1. Oh, so sad... Dogs are all very close to my heart since I have one myself. I'll be praying for you all as you morn Will. I met him a few times and he was a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nous sommes désolés pour WILL et pour vous trois qui devez être fort tristes de perdre un aussi fidèle compagnon.Surtout pour toi STEPH qui l'a vu grandir depuis 10 ans.
    Philippe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for y'all's loss. Will will be greatly missed. The pictures are great. Loved seeing him. Love you guys.
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  4. This just brought tears to my eyes this morning, seeing all the sweet memories of Will and his love for his family. We won't forget the sweet and loyal dog that he is.
    I still love thinking about how he found a tennis ball in 13 inches of snow last winter.

    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7laqc34M-fQ/SzLD25AlRrI/AAAAAAAABFA/GIJFLoaPH7o/s1600/IMG_2599.JPG

    We love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I generally don't put comments on this blog but this post is special to us...We loved the Willy boy a lot and we only have great memories about him [look at our faces when the Willy boy is around us...], even when he ate a whole loaf of bread from the table...WILL!!!!...It is with a big smile on my face and tears in my eyes that I keep looking over and over at this post! He might be gone but will never be forgotten! We will miss you [black] pumpkin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephani, you guys did such a great job of capturing the essence of Will in the comments and pictures. I can't look at them without shedding a tear, but I realize Will was a dear friend and family member so there's no regret in my remorse. A small part of me died with him, but a much larger part of me sees life differently because of him. I know wherever he is, there he will find a tennis ball. Thanks for always understanding Willy. Pops,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Remi & Stephi, What a special gift Will was in our lives. As a mom, I was always so grateful that he was with you, protecting and bring you joy. As hard as losing him was, it was worth the happiness that he brought into our family. You gave him so much love...he was one lucky dog. Thank you for giving us such a lovely way to remember him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh we know how it is to lose a dog in this house. It's like you keep reaching for him and expecting him to walk up beside you...So sorry for your loss! Glad that you have so many pictures and memories to stay with you!

    ReplyDelete