Tuesday, December 7, 2010

To be thankful for

I had a tough time picking the lead picture for this post, that tells me I have plenty to be thankful for. The sheer abundance of sweet, beautiful moments like the one above makes them easy to take for granted. That's why I love Thanksgiving, what a wonderful holiday. Not only do we get to spend time with our family, eat great food, and kick off the holiday season, but also we get this other side effect, the reminder to be grateful for our passing lives. Here Camille is playing in her sun-flooded window.


Dressed up in my hat and scarf.  Petite Maman.




Airborne tea party, headed to Hartsfield.



Playing with Julia at Mimi and Pops house. The morning after this was taken, Camille woke up with a fever and was very sick for the rest of the trip. Not surprisingly, a few days after Camille, Julia came down with the same sickness. Hard not to regret putting them in the same office chair! But they were soooo cute.

Crunching leaves.



We took a long walk along my favorite trail to scatter Will's ashes in the creek where he loved to play. This is one of my favorite places in the world.



Back home and ready to go to dance class.

5 comments:

  1. Merçi Steph

    tes photos sont splendides presque phéériques,

    on se croirait dans la troisième dimention avec Camille comme star.

    j'adore ton style

    Philippe

    ReplyDelete
  2. j'adore la vidéo des deux petites soeurs qui tournent sur le fauteuil, une minute de vie inoubliable
    philippe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics. We are so thankful for you, Remi and Camille. And so very blessed that you know how to blog!!! Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steph, I love all the pics and the videos. The picture of Camille at the window with the sunlight is angelic. And I love the video of her putting on/taking off the scarf and hat. What a great relationship Camille and Julia have - such precious moments they will cherish forever. And can I just say, she looks like a dancer. Have a wonderful Christmas and happy happy new year! Hope I get to see you sometime soon. Hugs to Camille

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love that she's sitting by her window in her own world. What a sweetie. We miss her. I hope she gets feeling better soon because there are lots more videos and pictures to be made at Mimi and Pops' house. Love you guys and can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete