Saturday, February 6, 2010

Wintertime (sort of a long one)

Camille and I have been pretty well stuck inside for what seems like forever, just leaving the apartment for quick trips to the market or the drugstore. So goes winter, I guess. We've turned our focus a bit inward, finding the city too chilly, or most days not finding the city at all. I bundled us up to go to the Met last week for an hour or so of my favorite new museum sport, Camille chasing. She's got some new walking shoes but she's using them mostly to run. I think pretty soon I'll be one of those moms who puts their kids on a leash. I should have gotten some more pictures, but I was too busy keeping up! We're so lucky to have the museum, it lets me expand her otherwise 800-square-foot universe, and exposes both of us to beauty and change. She still favors the sculptures, even if she thinks all four-legged sculptures are of dogs (her dog says "fufff, fufff" I'm not sure if that's French or English).


Waiting for me to put my coat on, on the bench at the Met. Those are her awesome shoes.



I could slap myself for not taking more pictures the day our friends Ron and Trisha were in town from Atlanta and came by with Ron's sister, Sarit and Nate (who lives here now, yay!). We hung out around the apartment and ate sushi, everyone loved on Camille and she loved on everyone. This is the only picture I took, and it does a pretty good job of capturing the mood of the day, happy baby time.


Now to feature some birthday presents, brace yourselves for some cuteness:


Aunt Niki MADE her this apron! (I know, where does she get the time!?)



Aunt Jami gave her this rabbit dress.



My parents gave Camille this hoodie...



and these new jeans! In my eyes, a girl's most important piece of clothing.
Of course, they were a little too big for Camille, so after a few minutes we took them off and Camille repurposed her ribbon belt. My mom also made her the most amazing book about her family and how we all love her. I'll share pictures of that as soon as Cousin Julia turns one and gets her book, don't want to spoil her surprise.



And here's a birthday trick for you.


How old is Camille?

4 comments:

  1. Oh YAY! I can't believe she knows how old she is! That is so cute. I love watching how busy she is in all her videos. This girl can finally move as fast as she has always wanted to. So cute. Her apron does look so sweet on her. I knew it would. And everything else is adorable, too! Happy Birthday big girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toujours aussi mignone dans ce défilé de mode très varié avec son joli tablier de cuisinière,la robe de jami lui va très bien aussi et le jean avec cette superbe ceinture rose à pois blancs c'est ravissant.
    merci steph
    boone journée
    annie philippe

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a big girl! She is so busy. I love her in her apron. Makes you just wish you knew what was going on in that little imagination! Just for the record, I think her shoes were worth every penny! Give her a kiss for her Mimi & Pops! Love you,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you go to the Met! What a fun outing for you both! I enjoyed to videos, what a sweet little girl you have! I'm glad she likes all her birthday presents. Niki was so excited about that apron I know she wanted to make something so special for her niece!

    ReplyDelete