Saturday, March 27, 2010

Chez MimiPops

Camille and I spent last week with my parents celebrating my Grandmother's 80th birthday while Rémi was in Canada for work. My big sister, her husband and their daughter, Camille's cousin Julia, came in town from Asheville. My little sister and her husband live just a few minutes from my parents, so we all got to spend some good time together. My grandmother was there the first weekend.


I hope that when I'm about to turn 80, I'm on my knees playing "kitchen" with my great grandchildren!



Uncle Nick provided some entertainment for the girls. It seems he and Rémi have been reading the same parenting books.

Then we went on a walk by the river.





Camille just LOVES her cousin. She was constantly hugging her and patting her and only occasionally stealing toys from her.


Here Camille is "helping" Julia with her bunny ears.



My parents are really such incredible grandparents. Both the girls just adore them both. Camille is lucky to have fantastic grandparents on both sides of the Atlantic.



Introducing her baby to Uncle Andy.


We took the girls to some awesome playgrounds near my parents' house on the sunnier days. It was great, we didn't even have to queue up to swing!















Camille has barely enough hair to justify this hair accessory. It was really cute for about 3 minutes. My mom made that awesome net to keep the girls off the stairs.



Walking on the street with Pops.


Since Camille is really into pushing her stroller, my parents got her this baby stroller to push. At first she really wanted to get into it.




Eventually she figured it out.





Then we got home to Papa and spent a beautiful Sunday afternoon in Central park.






5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that stroller video made me laugh so hard. I love her hat and jeans. So perfect!! We had so SO so much fun with you guys. What an awesome week. I will be back to try to make my dumb computer play the other videos. In the meantime, tell that little girl that Kiki loves her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. j'aime les premières photos des deux petites cousines julia et camille ça promet de belles parties de jeux.
    Très heureux de voir christine, en pleine forme, jouer a la dinette avec camaille.
    je vois aussi que notre petite fille s'entraine déjà pour le marathon de ny
    bises à tous et merci de nous faire partager ces moments de bonheur.
    annie philippe

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great, great week! Wonderful memories. Fun, Fun, Fun!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you all got to spend some quality time together! I feel like I had so many comments about the pictures. I love the caught off guard faces you and niki have in the 2nd picture, I like how Niki looks like she has rolled down overalls in that picture with your dad and Julia, what if thats what she wore all the time at home and didn't tell me!
    That Camille looks like loads of fun! I would love to see her, I know Ellen would love to play with her too! Julia and Camille going down the slide together looks like pure joy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephani, thanks for a wonderful week with you and Camille. The only thing missing was Remi, hope we get him too next time. Camille is such a pleasure to be around, just like her mom. Love you, Pops

    ReplyDelete